At its meeting on 21 June 2023, the Senate of the University of Veterinary Medicine approved the proposals for structural changes, as a result of which the Institute of Food Chain Science was established. DFI will continue to operate as a unit of the Institute, under the name of the Department of Digital Food Science. The Department is headed by Dr. Ákos Jóźwiak.
The head of the Institute of Food Chain Science is Dr. Miklós Süth. The departments of the Institute are:
- Department of Food Hygiene
- Department of Applied Food Science
- Department of Digital Food Science
- External Department of Food Chain Safety
- External Department of Dairy Research Mosonmagyaróvár